Colgate* PerioGard* Rinse (Rx only)
Anti-microbial therapy for the treatment of gingivitis
Colgate* PerioGard* is a broad spectrum anti-microbial oral rinse that has been proven safe and effective for treating gingivitis.
- Helps reduce inflammation and bleeding of the gums due to gingivitis
- Powerful antimicrobial agent
- Reduces certain aerobic and anaerobic bacteria counts from 54-97% through six months’ clinical use3
- Fresh mint taste patients prefer over Peridex4
- Easy-to-use dose cap
- Proven effective in the treatment of moderate to severe gingivitis
- Long-lasting efficacy
- Patient compliance
- Patient convenience
For complete information, refer to the Information tab
PERIOGARD is indicated for use as part of a professional program for the treatment of moderate to severe gingivitis, and in addition for management of associated gingival bleeding and inflammation between dental visits. For patients having coexisting gingivitis and periodontitis, see PRECAUTIONS.
B.B. Beiswanger et. al. 1992 J. Clin. Dent.
If you would like a copy of this clinical study you can order one by calling 1-800-2COLGATE or by emailing Colgate. Thank You.
Can impressions for fixed prosthodontic procedures be better?
Impressions for fixed prosthodontic procedures can be better. The article "Increasing the Quality and Predictability of Multiple Unit Impressions" suggests the use of chlorhexidine rinse as follows:
Have patients use chlorhexidine mouth rinse (0.12%) one time per day before bed, for two weeks pre-operatively. Continue the therapy during the provisional restoration period and for two weeks post-operatively.3
1. Bonesvoll P. et.al. A comparison between chlorhexidine with regard to retention, salivary concentration and plaque-inhibiting effect in human mouth after mouth rinses. Arch oral Biol. 1978;23:289-294.
2. Taste test with 153 patients. Data on file. Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals. Peridex is a registerd trademark of Zila Pharmaceuticals.
3. Christensen, G. Increasing the Quality and Predictability of Multiple Unit Impressions. Dental town Magazine, July 2001, p.34.
4. Consumer Test, 1995. Colgate-Pamolive Co.
Data on file.