Colgate® PerioGard® Alcohol Free Rinse (Rx only)
Anti-microbial therapy for the treatment of gingivitis
Colgate® PerioGard® is a broad spectrum anti-microbial oral rinse that has been proven safe and effective for treating gingivitis. Now alcohol free.
Characteristics and Benefits
- Helps to reduce inflammation and bleeding of the gums due to gingivitis
- Effective antimicrobial agent
- Reduces certain aerobic and anaerobic bacteria counts from 54-97% through six month’s clinical use1
- Fresh mint taste without the burn of alcohol
For complete information, refer to the Information tab
Indications and Usage
PERIOGARD is indicated for use as part of a professional program for the treatment of moderate to severe gingivitis, and in addition for management of associated gingival bleeding and inflammation between dental visits. For patients having coexisting gingivitis and periodontitis, see PRECAUTIONS.
Clinical effects of a 0.12% chlorhexidine rinse as an adjunct to scaling and root planing
B.B. Beiswanger et. al. 1992 J. Clin. Dent.
If you would like a copy of this clinical study you can order one by calling 1-800-2COLGATE or by emailing Colgate. Thank You.
Can impressions for fixed prosthodontic procedures be better?
Impressions for fixed prosthodontic procedures can be better. The article "Increasing the Quality and Predictability of Multiple Unit Impressions" suggests the use of chlorhexidine rinse as follows:
Have patients use chlorhexidine mouth rinse (0.12%) one time per day before bed, for two weeks pre-operatively. Continue the therapy during the provisional restoration period and for two weeks post-operatively.3
1. Bonesvoll P. et.al. A comparison between chlorhexidine with regard to retention, salivary concentration and plaque-inhibiting effect in human mouth after mouth rinses. Arch oral Biol. 1978;23:289-294.
2. Taste test with 153 patients. Data on file. Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals. Peridex is a registerd trademark of Zila Pharmaceuticals.
3. Christensen, G. Increasing the Quality and Predictability of Multiple Unit Impressions. Dental town Magazine, July 2001, p.34.
4. Consumer Test, 1995. Colgate-Pamolive Co.
Data on file.
Colgate* Dental FlossColgate* Dental Floss helps to protect gums, remove plaque between teeth, and improve oral health. Now with a PTFE-free floss fiber, mint flavor wax, and 25% recycled plastic case.View product »
NEW Colgate Total* Professional Clean ToothpasteView product »
Colgate Total* MouthwashColgate Total* Mouthwash provides your patients with 12-Hour Antibacterial Protection Even After Eating & Drinking*.View product »
Colgate* Peroxyl* MouthrinseColgate* Peroxyl* Mouthrinse is a patented oral debriding agent/wound cleanser for temporary use to cleanse canker sores and minor oral wounds or minor gum inflammation.View product »